Wednesday, October 13, 2010

001 Woodman



30" x 40"
Acrylic paint on panel board
It's an adaptation of the Wizard of Oz.
I still couldn't seal this painting because I am afraid of dust being stuck on the surface of painting forever.
The original idea was like one of the frames from comic books, so I was going to put the text in bubbles such as, " I can fall in love again."
Something that I've learned while I was painting my picture is that I shouldn't use large canvases. I should have painted on illustration boards which costs a lot more than panel boards and that's why I chose panel boards. I also learned that I should focus on the tip of the brushes when I paint. I've made a lot of mistakes because I couldn't focus well and that's why it took so long to finish.

99 paintings to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment